Terms and Conditions
Coles Circle Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the Coles Circle website ("website") which is operated by Evolve Research and Consulting Pty Ltd for and on behalf of Coles Supermarkets Australia Pty Ltd ("us", "we", "our"). Use of the website is conditional upon the Coles Circle member ("member", "you") agreeing to these terms and conditions. By choosing "I accept the terms and conditions" when logging on to the website you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. If you do not agree, choose "I do not accept" and login access will be denied. Please take a moment to review these terms and conditions which governs your use of the website.
Visitors to the website may become members by accepting these terms and conditions. By clicking "I accept the terms and conditions" you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions when you use the website.
To the extent that you become a member by registering and clicking "I agree to the terms and conditions" you acknowledge, warrant and represent that:
- you are at least 18 years old;
- you will provide us with accurate, complete and current information;
- you have accepted these terms and conditions as a result of your due diligence and assessment and have not relied on any representations made by us;
- you have and maintain the power and authority necessary for you to accept these terms and conditions;
- you will not create more than one member account that represents you;
- the information provided by you on the website will not infringe the intellectual property of any third party or defame the reputation of any third party;
- as an active member you will meet the Minimum Participation Level as may be outlined on The Coles Circle website from time to time;
- you have accepted these terms and conditions on the understanding that we, in our sole discretion, choose when you become an active member;
- we have sole discretion in relation to the numbers and types of members that are active at any given time including but not limited to when a member enters or exits the Coles Circle; and
- we at our sole discretion reserve the right to terminate your membership for any reason.
Ownership of website content
You acknowledge that all content published on the website resulting from your participation, including but not limited to, written content, comments, opinions, compliments, messages, symbols, graphics, images, logos, posted by members or otherwise made available by members is owned by us or third parties with whom we have contracted, and is protected by Australian and international copyright and other laws.
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for all materials contributed during the course of your membership, including but not limited to, written content, comments, opinions, compliments, messages, ratings, reviews, symbols, graphics, images or logos.
You acknowledge and accept that you must not post, upload nor transmit content that infringes or otherwise violates any copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy right or any other intellectual property (past, present and future) or proprietary or legal right of any other party.
You acknowledge and agree not to post or upload any content that:
- transmits viruses or any other technologies that may harm us, a member or any user of the website;
- compromises the security of the network or website;
- interferes with the proper working of the website;
- distributes spam or unsolicited electronic communications; or
- in any manner transmits unlawful, threatening, harassing, abusive, false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, profane, objectionable, indecent or offensive information.
You acknowledge and agree that we at our sole discretion reserve the right to review, edit and delete any member content in whole or in part.
The website and its underlying content, including but not limited to, its design, name, logos, interface and software technology is owned by Coles Supermarkets Australia Pty Ltd or, a related third party. Data generated by the website as a result of your participation is owned by us or third parties with whom we have contracted, and is protected by Australian and international copyright and other laws.
All improvements to the website will be owned by us (or related third parties of us or approved by us including licensees or licensors), and all intellectual property rights in the improvements will vest in us. We are entitled to all benefits associated with the improvements including benefits which arise from the commercialisation or exploitation of the website and the content and associated intellectual property rights and/or the improvements.
The website uses proprietary software owned or licensed by us, or a related third party. You are being granted an individual, limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable licence or right to use the software subject to these terms and conditions. You are expressly prohibited, directly or indirectly, from attempting to discover the source code or reverse engineer underlying algorithms, or technology of the software; renting, leasing, selling, assigning, or transferring rights to the software; modifying or making derivative works based on the software; or using the software in any service or sharing capacity.
Limitation of liability
We are not liable for the following:
- any claims, threats, actions, losses, consequential losses, liabilities, costs, expenses (including, without limitation, legal expenses on a full indemnity basis or loss or inaccuracy of data, revenue or profits), damages and taxes that may be suffered or incurred by you, directly or indirectly, in connection with use of the website except to the extent that the loss is directly attributable to the negligence or wrongful act or omission of us;
- loss of money, goodwill or reputation, or any special, indirect or consequential damages arising, directly or indirectly, out of your use of or your inability to use the website;
- lost data, overwritten data, or faults or omissions in data collected, collated, or otherwise dealt with in connection with the website;
- misuse or misapplication of the website;
- your failure to comply with any of your member obligations;
- your failure to check that the website is working properly having regard to your particular use of the website;
- your use of, reliance on or analysis of the content on website; or
- decisions you make using or based on the website.
Disclaimer of warranties
We expressly disclaim all warranties, representations, endorsements or guarantees (express or implied) regarding the website and the content on the website including without limitation, any warranties with respect to any results that may be obtained from the use of the website.
We do not expressly or impliedly, warrant or guarantee or give any undertaking or representation as to the following:
- that the website is free of infection by viruses or other contaminating or destructive characteristics;
- that the website or features or functions of the website, methods of communication or transmission, or your access to the website will be uninterrupted, or error free, or virus free;
- rectification of any defect; or
- continuous or secure access to the website.
We are not responsible for any content, postings, uploads, reviews or comments made by any member. We do not endorse any content, postings, uploads, reviews or comments made by any member.
You release and indemnify us in respect of and against any claims, demands, threats, actions, losses, liabilities, costs, expenses (including, without limitation, legal expenses on a full indemnity basis), damages, account of profits and taxes that may be suffered or incurred by use, directly or indirectly, in connection with:
- infringement by you of any law or the rights (including intellectual property rights) of us or a third party;
- actual or alleged breach of these terms and conditions by you;
- disputes between you and a third party; or
- third party charges payable by us as a result of your conduct
Each indemnity and release in these terms and conditions is a continuing obligation and will survive termination of these terms and conditions.
Publicity and promotion
Except as required by law, all press releases and other public announcements proposed by you relating to the transactions and arrangements dealt with by these terms and conditions must be in terms agreed to in writing by us (before the publication or announcement).
You acknowledge that any benefit (including rewards) awarded to you is at our sole discretion and may change from time to time.
These terms and conditions comprise the entire agreement and understanding between you and us and supersedes any prior agreement or understanding.
The laws of Victoria, Australia, govern these terms and conditions and you and we submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Victorian courts.
Terms and Conditions
'Coles Circle' Competition
How to Enter
1. To be eligible, you must be a participating member of the Coles Circle Community. You must also meet the minimum monthly point thresholds as outlined on the Coles Circle Website. To participate in the Coles Circle Community, you must complete activities. Activities within Coles Circle have an associated points value depending on the type of activity. Each point you earn grants you an entry into the prize draw.
2. An unlimited number of entries are granted as long as you meet the minimum point threshold for each entry as outlined on the Coles Circle Website.
Entries close 29/02/2020 at 11.59pm (AEDT)
For details concerning your personal information see condition 3.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these terms and conditions. Entry into this competition is deemed to be an acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- To enter, you must be a participating member of the Coles Circle Community for the duration of the promotional period. Employees of the Promoter and the agencies associated with this competition and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
- Contestants must be over 18 to be eligible to enter this competition.
- Competition commences 9.00am AEDT 01/03/2019 and closes 29/02/2020 at 11.59pm AEDT (Promotional Period). Entries are deemed received at the time of receipt by the Promoter in its promotional database and not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
The competition includes 12 separate prize draws to be conducted on the following dates: 12/04/2019,
10/05/2019, 14/06/2019, 12/07/2019, 9/08/2019, 13/09/2019, 11/10/2019, 8/11/2019, 13/12/2019, 10/01/2020,
14/02/2020, 13/03/2020, Only entries received in the preceding calendar month will be included in each draw.
Each draw will take place at 2pm (Melbourne time) at Evolve Research and Consulting, Level 2, 405 Little Bourke St, Melbourne VIC 3000.
In each of the 12 prize draws the first 2 valid entries drawn will each win a $250 GiftPay eGift Card,
the next 5 valid entries drawn will each win a $100 GiftPay eGift Card, the next 20 valid entries drawn will each win a $50 GiftPay eGift Card and the next 50 valid entries drawn will each win a $20 GiftPay eGift Card.
Total prize pool per month: of 77 prizes.
Please see www.giftpay.com for separate terms and
conditions applicable to GiftPay eGift Cards.
Monthly Draw No Date of Draw Prize 1 12/04/2019 2 x $250, 5 x $100, 20 x $50 and 50 X $20 GiftPay eGift Cards 2 10/05/2019 2 x $250, 5 x $100, 20 x $50 and 50 X $20 GiftPay eGift Cards 3 14/06/2019 2 x $250, 5 x $100, 20 x $50 and 50 X $20 GiftPay eGift Cards 4 12/07/2019 2 x $250, 5 x $100, 20 x $50 and 50 X $20 GiftPay eGift Cards 5 9/08/2019 2 x $250, 5 x $100, 20 x $50 and 50 X $20 GiftPay eGift Cards 6 13/09/2019 2 x $250, 5 x $100, 20 x $50 and 50 X $20 GiftPay eGift Cards 7 11/10/2019 2 x $250, 5 x $100, 20 x $50 and 50 X $20 GiftPay eGift Cards 8 8/11/2019 2 x $250, 5 x $100, 20 x $50 and 50 X $20 GiftPay eGift Cards 9 13/12/2019 2 x $250, 5 x $100, 20 x $50 and 50 X $20 GiftPay eGift Cards 10 10/01/2020 2 x $250, 5 x $100, 20 x $50 and 50 X $20 GiftPay eGift Cards 11 14/02/2020 2 x $250, 5 x $100, 20 x $50 and 50 X $20 GiftPay eGift Cards 12 13/03/2020 2 x $250, 5 x $100, 20 x $50 and 50 X $20 GiftPay eGift Cards
Winners of each draw will be notified by telephone and/or in writing by email within two business days
of the draw and will then have their Name and State of residence posted on the Coles Circle Website www.colescircle.com.au
Monthly Draw No. Publish on Webpage 1 15/04/2019 2 13/05/2019 3 17/06/2019 4 15/07/2019 5 12/08/2019 6 16/09/2019 7 14/10/2019 8 11/11/2019 9 16/12/2019 10 13/01/2020 11 17/02/2020 12 16/03/2020
- Any costs associated with accessing the website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Total prize pool: 924 prizes. Maximum total value of prize pool is AUD$36,000.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these conditions of entry, the entry will be discarded and a new winner of that prize will be determined by drawing a further valid entry. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
In the event of a prize not being accepted or claimed within 3 months of the monthly prize draw,
the relevant prize winner's entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to conduct such further draws
3 months after the close of the unclaimed monthly prize draw period at 2pm (Melbourne time) at same location
as the original draws as are necessary to distribute the prize, subject to any written directions given by any relevant authority.
Winners of unclaimed prizes will be notified via email and have their name and state/territory of residence only
published on the Coles Circle Website 3 months after the close of the unclaimed prize draw period. By entering this Promotion,
each entrant requests that his or her phone number and email address details not be published.
Monthly Draw No. Redraw Date Republish Date 1 12/07/2019 15/07/2019 2 9/08/2019 12/08/2019 3 13/09/2019 16/09/2019 4 11/10/2019 14/10/2019 5 8/11/2019 11/11/2019 6 13/12/2019 16/12/2019 7 10/01/2020 13/01/2020 8 14/02/2020 17/02/2020 9 13/03/2020 16/03/2020 10 14/04/2020 17/04/2020 11 8/05/2020 11/05/2020 12 12/06/2020 15/06/2020
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where the operation of this Promotion results in, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants agree to follow the Australian Taxation Office's stated view that where the parties are at arm's length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
- The Promoter may require prize winners to provide proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency at the nominated delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter's discretion.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any incorrect, ineligible, invalid, late, lost or misdirected entries or for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestions on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including but not limited to, any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in this competition. The Promoter is not liable for any consequence of user error including (without limitation) any costs incurred.
- The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies and the agencies and companies associated with this promotion will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this Promotion by, any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Promotion or acts in violation of these conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of the gaming authorities in each state and territory, where required.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, as a result of taking a prize.
- The Promoter is The Trustee for Evolve Research and Consulting Unit Trust ABN 42 378 606 768 of Level 2, 405 Little Bourke St, Melbourne, VIC 3000
- Authorised under NSW Permit No.LTPS/18/30520; ACT Permit No. TP 18/02463.1; SA Permit No. T18/2211
Dine with Curtis Stone in Sydney - Competition terms
- The competition is a game of skill, chance does not form part of selecting the winners.
- The material used to market and promote the competition forms part of the competition terms. If there is an inconsistency between the material used to market and promote the competition and the competition terms, the competition terms prevail.
Eligibility to enter
During the competition period, anyone may enter the competition, provided that they are:
- over 18 years of age;
- a resident of Australia;
- a current Coles Circle member; and
- not an employee or immediate family member of the promoter or an agent of the promoter who is connected with the competition.
- By entering the competition, entrants accept the competition terms.
- To enter, entrants must tell us in 25 words or less the most magical Christmas food product they can imagine and they must name this product via the Dine with Curtis Stone survey through Coles Circle.
- Entrants may only enter once.
The promoter may deem as invalid any entry which:
- is illegible, incomprehensible, offensive or incomplete; or
- includes objectionable, profane, insulting, inflammatory or defamatory material
- violates our social media policy or any law or code.
The promoter may disqualify any entrant who:
- enters the competition without being eligible;
- tampers with the entry process;
- ubmits an entry that is not in accordance with the competition terms; or
- in entering the competition, engages in conduct which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the competition or the promoter.
- Failure by the promoter to exercise its rights under paragraph 7 or paragraph 8 does not constitute a waiver of the promoter’s rights under paragraph 7 or paragraph 8.
- If the entrant’s contact details change, the entrant must notify the promoter.
- The promoter will select 5 winners from the pool of valid entrants at the selection time on the selection date at the selection address.
- The promoter will use a panel of judges from third party, Evolve Research and Consulting, to select the winners on the basis of the most delicious and creative entry and the promoter’s selection is final and binding, subject to the promoter’s rights under paragraph 7 or paragraph 8.
- The promoter will notify the winners by phone within 2 days after the selection date. The promoter will post the winners’ names and states on the website within 2 days after the selection date.
- The promoter may request that the winners provide proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency to the promoter’s reasonable satisfaction before awarding the prize. If the winners does not provide proof of identity, proof of age or proof or residency to the promoter’s reasonable satisfaction within 5 days after being selected as a winners, the promoter may forfeit the prize.
- The winners must accept the prize within 7 days after being selected as the winners. If the winner does not accept the prize within 7 days after being selected as the winner, the promoter may forfeit the prize.
- The winners must be available on the 15th October 2019 to attend Three Blue Ducks in Rosebery, NSW. If a winner is unable to attend on the date specified after being selected as the winner, the promoter may forfeit the prize and another entry may be selected.
- The winners must notify the promoter of any specific dietary or accessibility requirements for themselves or their guests.
In consideration of the promoter awarding the prize to the winners, the winners and guests:
- consents to the promoter using his or her name, likeness, image, voice and entry in any marketing and promotion of the competition, the promoter or the promoter’s business;
- consents for the media to interview them at the event;
- acknowledges that the entry is the property of the promoter;
- agrees to use the prize in accordance with the supplier’s specified requirements; and
- agrees that the prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- If the prize is unavailable, the promoter may substitute the prize with a substitute prize, provided that the substitute prize is of the same or similar value or specification as the prize.
- If there is a force majeure event which prevents or materially and adversely affects the promoter’s ability to market, promote and run the competition in accordance with the competition terms, the promoter may cancel, terminate, modify, suspend or postpone the competition.
The promoter is not liable for any loss, expense, damage or liability suffered or incurred by entrants and winnerss in connection with the competition, including:
- any late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected entries or prize acceptance, including delays due to technical disruptions or network congestion;
- any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the competition;
- any technical error, including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission or communications line, telephone, mobile or satellite network failure; and
- any theft, destruction, unauthorised access to or alteration of entries; and
- any use of the prize or any tax liability incurred by the winners as a result of accepting the prize.
- Nothing under paragraph 21 is intended to limit entrants’ or winnerss’ rights under the Australian Consumer Law 2010.
In the competition terms, the following words have the following meanings:
Word Meaning Competition Dine with Curtis Stone in Sydney Competition period From 09:00am AEST Wednesday 18 September 2019 to 11:50pm AEST Sunday 22 September 2019 Force majeure event an event which is beyond the control of the promoter, including:
- vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war or terrorism; and
- An infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion
Immediate family member spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child, step-child, parent, step-parent, grand-parent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin Prize There are a total of 5 winners.
Each winner and their guest (who must also be over the age of 18) will receive the following:
- return economy airfares from nearest capital city to Sydney (approximate value $1000)
- 2 x nights twin share accommodation in Sydney on 14 and 15 October 2019 (winner and guest must share accommodation) approximate value $400
- Airport transfers (only for the winner - guest must travel with the winner to receive the transfer) approx. $200
- 3 course dinner (to be chosen by Coles) at Three Blue Ducks in Rosebery – approximate value $500
- $100 voucher for spending money per person for additional expenses such as meals and snacks
- Taxi vouchers to attend to arrive and depart dinner with Curtis event in Sydney – approx. $100
Total value approx. $2,300
Promoter Coles Supermarkets Australia Pty Ltd
ABN 45 004 189 708
800 Toorak Road, Hawthorn East VIC
Selection time 10:00am AEST Selection date Tuesday 24 September 2019 Selection address Level 2, 405 Little Bourke Street Melbourne 3000 Website www.colescircle.com.au